What we offer
Start Codon has revolutionised the way life science and healthcare innovation is spun-out, developed and commercialised. We are based in Cambridge, England, but invest in and venture build companies nationally that are developing ground-breaking technologies and solutions. In doing so, we reduce investment risk, create opportunities and shape companies that are designed to succeed globally.
We identify and select exceptional entrepreneurs to join us and invite them to be part of our innovative 'START' programme. Through that, we leverage our deep local, national and international resources to help those entrepreneurs to establish their companies and provide them with investment, business support services, mentoring, facilities, help and guidance from our dedicated team. In addition, we also provide access to a wide network of industry leading pharma, biotech and investor contacts. In dong so, we fast-track the translation of innovative science into successful commercial companies.
If you have a disruptive technology with a healthcare focus, we would like to hear from you.
Why be great, when you can be epic?Join us
- Minimum £250K seed investment
- Unique access to national and international industry leading contacts
- Hands-on support from a dedicated, experienced team across financing, fundraising, human resources, marketing, business development, IP, commercialisation, banking, insurance and much more
- Access to global partner organisations that are leaders in their field, on preferential terms
- Ongoing mentoring from leaders and rising stars in the life sciences and healthcare sectors
- We're one of a small number of approved UKRI Investor Partners, meaning we have been approved by UKRI to access ring fenced Innovate UK Investor Partner grant funding opportunities for new investments and our portfolio. So, if you're looking for access to unique grant funding opportunities to match our investment, get in touch.